Thursday, January 8, 2015

Oh, My Heart. . . This Could Get Intense

Several times over the years, I’ve heard my Mom say, “Jenna, you should get on Goodreads” or ask, “Hey, Jenna, have you checked out Goodreads?” Each time I would simply mumble something about having looked, but not being interested.


Boy, was I wrong! I have been a member of Goodreads for only a few days and I am already spending way too much time browsing new books and finding books that I had forgotten I read. I was also surprised to find that I have A LOT of friends on Goodreads. Several friends from years ago that I don’t talk to on a regular basis, but also several friends that I talk to all the time. I think the biggest surprise was finding out that my Mom’s profile photo is a picture of me in an old Halloween costume wearing a Mumu and a purple wig. Turns out I’ve been missing out on this incredible world!


The discoveries are endless!
As I was browsing books on a list titled “Books Everyone Should Read At Least Once”, I loved being able to click on a book that seemed interesting and see the many reviews given by my friends. I’ll be honest. I judge books by their covers all of the time. If the cover looks boring, I tend to have an immediate aversion to the book. My friends’ reviews of these seemingly boring books have helped me want to look past the cover and see what I can find within the pages. Now, I only wish I had the time on my hands to read, read, read! I have realized that I am way behind on the number of classical literature books that I have read. Gotta play catch up!


I look forward to exploring the many adventures that Goodreads has to offer. I sense an addiction coming on…

3 comments:

  1. Hahahaha, that picture is the greatest. Your mom is obviously a rockstar. I am so with you, Jenna, this might become an addiction. I am a little bit scared to get sucked in, to be honest! I don't have the time to have an obsession with this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guys I totally agree with you. I am having a hard time moving on to do my other homework because Goodreads is soooo addicting. I agree with you because I have a ton of classics to catch up on too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha your mom had that as her profile picture? I should be her friend I think.

    ReplyDelete