Thursday, January 8, 2015

I Might Just Be Obsessed With Goodreads

Ok, I'll admit it.  I really wasn't looking forward to signing up for Goodreads.  I remember thinking:

"Oh boy, this site definitely isn't worth my while."

As well as:

"I will literally never use Goodreads after the end of the semester."

HA! I was mildly wrong, to say the least.

Now, an hour and a half later after I've started adding books to my bookshelf, I really can't stop.  I.  Can't.  Stop. I probably look something like this:



The short story is yes, I have gone mad!  Mad with excitement.  One of my favorite parts (so far) has been browsing book titles that I had loved but forgotten about.  I absolutely adore YA literature, so it has been super fun for me to find books that I read and loved in middle school and add them to my shelf in a hopes of re-reading them in the near future (hopefully).

As a college student, I have been out of the reading-for-pleasure mode for a while now.  I just haven't found the time lately to sit down with a good book.  I think part of the reason is I haven't had a clue what to read! Most of my friends are, as you probably can guess, college students as well, so they're not doing a lot of reading either, which is difficult for me because  I usually rely a lot on book recommendations from friends.  I am excited to be able to browse the different titles and select new books.

Well, if you need me, I'll probably be using Goodreads and forgetting to eat dinner, or something.


4 comments:

  1. Girl, I totally felt the same way about not using Goodreads after this semester. haha. Loved your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Literally I felt the exact same. Seriously this was like my exact thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we were all thinking the same thing! haha I love young adult literature also! Such a fun blog post, thanks!

    ReplyDelete