Monday, March 9, 2015

Working Thoughts







Working on the second chapter for our ebook has been a bit more of a challenge for me, and my thoughts are flowing quite as well as they were for my first chapter. SO here I've thrown together some rough thoughts about where I'm headed with my next chapter. I have a lot of work to do with meshing my thoughts into something cohesive, but here we go!What general part of our book do you anticipate this chapter falling under?

BOOK PART: "The Goose Girl" by Shannon Hale

CHAPTER TITLE

Reviewing New Languages

TWEETHIS

How to use and write book reviews on different Ebook platforms, and why they're important.

KEYWORDS

Reviews, Amazon, Goodreads


TRADITIONAL REFERENCES ­ (General Literary, Scholarly)

http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-642-24082-9_44#page-1


SOCIAL REFERENCES (current conversations, social media, interviews)

https://gwenperkins.wordpress.com/2012/04/07/qa-why-write-amazon-reviews/
http://janefriedman.com/2012/02/15/3-tips-goodreads/

ROUGH CONTENT LAYOUT

1. Intro: what a review is, using comparisons to the different languages throughout the book
2. Reviews on Amazon with People speaking
3. Reviews on Goodreads with Animal speaking
4. Why reviews matter with Earth Speaking
5. Conclusion: how they all work together 



2 comments:

  1. I think that this is crucial to our book! You've got some great thoughts going. I still don't know for sure how we're organizing the book, but maybe it could go into a section about Reader Responsibility in becoming digiliterate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love. The reviews are a huge part of the whole Goodreads/Amazon experience and definitely needs to be covered. I wish I had read the book so I had some more ideas to help develop the angle!

    ReplyDelete