Friday, March 27, 2015

Inspiration, Where to Go?


So I just finished reading the 3rd eBook rough draft that my English class is co-authoring! I was so impressed by all the chapters and especially by Jenna's compilation of all the chapters and for mastering the table of contents. Thanks so much Jenna, it looks great!
Reading all the other chapters helped me to see what I can change in my chapters. I realized that the personal experiences actually really help me stay interested in the chapter. I was a little scared to use personal stories, but Dr. Burton (our English professor) also said during class that I should use that as my introduction. After reading all the chapters I saw a few examples of other students doing this and I am convinced! I didn't want my chapter to sound too much like a blogpost.
Also, I still love the idea of relating literature to what we encounter in this digiliterary age. I loved all of the comparisons drawn from literature to the Kindle, Amazon, and Goodreads. It was fun to see how creative my fellow classmates are. All of the chapters were pretty diverse and covered different aspects of the digital age of literature. Most of it was clear, but there were a few times when I did not completely understand the relation of the literary text that was being compared to the argument(Mostly because I am unfamiliar with the piece of literature.) However, most of the time I was impressed by the comparisons.
There was also a lot of great research done! I was overall really impressed by the eBook. Obviously it still needs some editing and finishing touches, but reading our eBook has really helped me to envision where I want my chapters to become. I need to change a few things in my own chapters and I am more excited to change things up this weekend! Thanks for the inspiration!

2 comments:

  1. I like your thoughts about adding personal experience, I think will try to do that too (just a little).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice and interesting post. I was looking for this kind of information and enjoyed reading this one. Keep posting. Thanks for sharing. encouraging quotes

    ReplyDelete