Tuesday, March 10, 2015

A New Direction

I decided to post late, so that I could be one of the last ones to post. We're using this blog to coordinated our efforts in writing an ebook and last night everyone was posting their ideas for the next chapter. I am feeling a little lost, so I wanted to see everyone's thoughts on where they are going to take their next chapter before I moved ahead.

My first chapter is clunking along, I'm running into a few problems using Ella Enchanted as my filter for the chapter. I'm going to use a different novel for my next chapter.

Chapter Template:

Chapter Section: How we read or how we connect

Literary Work: A Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich

Tweethis: Strip Search? Digital reading and the impact on personal privacy

Keywords: Privacy, safety, Terms of Use, awareness.

Scholarly Source: http://go.galegroup.com.erl.lib.byu.edu/ps/retrieve.do?sgHitCountType=None&sort=RELEVANCE&inPS=true&prodId=LitRC&userGroupName=byuprovo&tabID=T001&searchId=R1&resultListType=RESULT_LIST&contentSegment=&searchType=BasicSearchForm&currentPosition=9&contentSet=GALE%7CH1420006132&&docId=GALE|H1420006132&docType=GALE&role=LitRC

Social Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/search?q=%23onlineprivacy&s=typd

Image:

Content Overview: My chapter would dive into how Amazon and Goodreads collect information about their users. It would highlight the positives of surrendering some privacy such as book recommendations and it would hight the negative aspects as well, those things we need to be concerned about and aware of. I would  use Ivan's experience in the Soviet camp as a filter for discuussion. Another possible angle could be a chapter that is designed to quell fears people have about these platforms because they fear losing privacy. I could talk about how our experience is not like Ivan's and why we shouldn't be too worried.

1 comment:

  1. I think what you aim to discuss is a really important topic! I like how you decided to use a different book for your filter...I might end up doing the same thing with my next chapter.

    ReplyDelete