Monday, March 9, 2015

Digital Libraries


All right! In this blog post, I am going to discuss my next chapter for my classes' e-book. We are currently writing an e-book about reading in the digital age, and how platforms such as Amazon, Kindle, and Goodreads facilitate that.

I had a hard time coming up with my second chapter idea, but I did what Dr. Burton suggested, and I went back to some of my original blog posts. I touched on an idea that I think will make a really awesome chapter edition! Read below to find out more!

BOOK PART
Probably how we buy.


CHAPTER TITLE
The Digital Library: Amazon, Kindle, and How We Borrow Books.


TWEETHIS
Digital library services, available through platforms such as Amazon and Kindle, are changing the way we borrow books.


KEYWORDS
Pride and Prejudice, Kindle Unlimited, Amazon, Kindle, digital libraries


TOPICAL IMAGE


CONTENT PARAMETERS
DIGILITERARY VIA AMAZON-KINDLE-GOODREADS CONNECTION
Amazon--Kindle digital library features.
LITERARY WORK
Pride and Prejudice.
TRADITIONAL REFERENCES - (General Literary, Scholarly)
http://libraries.pewinternet.org/2012/04/04/the-rise-of-e-reading/


SOCIAL REFERENCES (current conversations, social media, interviews)
http://gizmodo.com/should-you-get-amazon-kindle-unlimited-1607137417

CONTENT LAYOUT

I really want to talk about online libraries, and library subscription services. I plan to do that in the context of Pride and Prejudice by talking about reputation. Traditional libraries have a reputation of being kind of antiquated, but new, online libraries and subscription services are really awesome and a great way to access literature. Reputation is a very important theme in Pride and Prejudice, and I am still working on how exactly I am going to relate the two completely. I hope to come to class with a more solid idea.

4 comments:

  1. I like this idea. Is there a way you could incorporate Goodreads by talking about how we can become librarians on there? We never figured out as a class how the librarians on Goodreads become librarians. Maybe you could research that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found an article that went along pretty well with this, I think this link will work!
    http://www.emeraldinsight.com/doi/pdfplus/10.1108/07419050810949986

    ReplyDelete
  3. How are you going to tie this in to reputation? Like, just changing prejudices, etc? That could work. I like the idea and think it has potential.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the awesome pointers!

    ReplyDelete