Monday, March 9, 2015

Covering the Basics

So as a collaborative team my english class is composing our own ebook based on the Kindle, Amazon, and Goodreads! We are still in the preliminary phases of putting it all together but we were asked to brainstorm and pull up a rough template together of another potential chapter based on our chosen book. I chose "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee. Click here to view the writing, research and drafting process.

BOOK PART
What general part of our book do you anticipate this chapter falling under?
I think it would work best under how we consume literature in the digital age.

CHAPTER TITLE
Don't Judge a Device by its Cover

TWEETHIS
Although Amazon's Kindle appearance is basic, the simplicity of the device revives the reader's reading experience. 

KEYWORDS
Kindle, Appearance, Smart Phones, Kindle App, Iphone, Ipad, Books, Ebooks

TOPICAL IMAGE




CONTENT PARAMETERS
DIGILITERARY VIA AMAZON-KINDLE-GOODREADS CONNECTION
Amazon's Kindle vs. Kindle App

LITERARY WORK
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

TRADITIONAL REFERENCES - (General Literary, Scholarly)
http://search.proquest.com.erl.lib.byu.edu/docview/1348728211
http://web.a.ebscohost.com.erl.lib.byu.edu/ehost/detail/detail?sid=86e50059-e64d-4ae8-aa2f-7882ded3db28%40sessionmgr4002&vid=5&hid=4204&bdata=JnNpdGU9ZWhvc3QtbGl2ZSZzY29wZT1zaXRl#db=aph&AN=82107618

SOCIAL REFERENCES (current conversations, social media, interviews)
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/buy-kindle-kindle-app-android/

CONTENT LAYOUT

When I was thinking of another idea for our ebook and how I could relate it to the the book I chose the common quote from "To Kill a Mockingbird" came into my head,  "You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view […] until you climb into his skin and walk around in it." When we were first required to buy a Kindle for this course I was a little flustered cause I felt like I could already complete the course requirements all on my phone or laptop on the kindle app. However, as I came to understand the Kindle I realized the impact it could have on our learning, and reading and I have grown to love my Kindle as simple as it is! In this digital world we need more simplicity. So I will tie this in with the character of Boo Radley. He is a pretty simple character that no one understand (digital age) but once they know who he really is he just wants to help! 

Let me know what you think!  

2 comments:

  1. I think it is a very good idea to just have a chapter on the form of the Kindle. I think it would be a great chapter for our readers who don't have as much exposure as some. And this might be our most well researched section because we have spent more time simply using the Kindle than anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea picking up what we discussed in class. I think it would be important for you to talk about the negative features of the Kindle that can be improved on. That might improve our credibility!

    ReplyDelete